Tailsweep topp

Tuesday 28 February 2012

nyc the danish way

Another great Danish home, this time combining the best of a raw industrial New York look with contemporary Danish design. Lovely double doors, ceilings decorated with stucco but with open spaces and a rough chimney in the middle giving you that New York feeling.


Remember my lamp problem the other day? Well, I´d almost decided on the Lampe Gras, as someone with a very good taste stated in the commentary field, it does have a little more attitude than the Bestlite. However, the Bestlite looks good this way, next to a window, just like I need a lamp in our kitchen. Back to square one.


Beautiful working space/dining area..


Nice hallway with the perfect old rug.
pics: Wotkjær og Kattrup via Femina.dk

And I am so into Hay's boxes in transparent plexiglass (both the Curiosity box as in this hallway, but also the Display me box). Wishlist..




9 comments:

  1. Jättefint, jag vill också ha Hays plexiglasboxar... Och fina Hay-bordet. Jag förstår att du har svårt att välja, så snygga båda två. Bestlite är ju en klassiker som jag inte tror att du någonsin kommer att tröttna på. Lamp Gras känns mer industri och är ju också superduper snygg... Svårt!
    Kram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Du har helt rätt, och jag är kanske egentligen inte en industityp. Men något litet kanske.. Och man påverkas.. Det gäller att lyssna inåt.. Tack för råd.
      Kram

      Delete
  2. A very beautiful home! I love the depth of the window seat it is amazing, can see myself curled up there with company! I am so excited to find and follow new special places. I have no doubt I will enjoy engaging and supporting this wonderful space you have created. Thank you for sharing, I am so glad to meet you. I hope you will find some time to come visit me soon. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Åh, vad flott! Dessa bilder hannar direkt i min inspirationsmapp!

    Trevlig kväll:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's face it Danish people are very cool!
    Love it!
    Hege

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are, and maybe I should re-name this blog, to the "Danish inspiration blog" instead :)

      Delete
  5. Jag gillar idén med tittskåpet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, och känns helt rätt i ett barnrum, i alla fall.. Till alla smågrejer som man inte vet vad man ska göra av..
      Ha en fin dag!
      Kram

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.